Discover Work with Work-VR
Ziel des Projektes ist es, die Berufsorientierung sowie den beruflichen Sprachunterricht von Migrantinnen und Migranten mit Hilfe von Online-Tools und virtueller Realität (VR) in drei exemplarischen Berufsfeldern (Bau, Pflege, Gastronomie) zu unterstützen und zu begleiten.
The aim of the project is to support and accompany the vocational orientation as well as the professional language instruction of migrants with the help of online tools and virtual reality (VR) in three exemplary occupational fields (construction, nursing, gastronomy).
Work-VR adresses the following
- Equip the users better for the labor market through an increased level of linguistic, cultural and digital knowledge.
- To provide VET students with an innovative learning method.
- To support and enhance the learning of trade-specific vocabularies within the sectors of health, service and construction.
- To promote digital use in education, and thus enhance individuals levels of digital skills
The material will consist of 4 separate but interdependent sections in each of the partner countries’ languages:
- 3 skill-building sectors focused on each trade-specific vocabulary
- 3 trade-specific VR-environments for practicing vocabulary and job functions within specific sectors.
- 1 skill building sector in job application and interview
- 1 job interview VR-environment for training situation awareness
How it’s done
To achieve these objectives, Work-VR will use an online e-training platform for imparting work-related language and culture skills, coupled with an immersive Virtual Reality (VR) environment which these skills are applied in a simulated reality. Work-VR employs Automatic Speech Recognition, which enables the learner to acquire and practice spoken language and test its comprehensibility in the simulated reality, in combination with the appropriate culture- and work-related skills. It can be used in-class in a blended learning environment where the learners can practice with or without supervision. By creating this VR-learning environment, learners will be linguistically supported and thus the project contributes to the specific objective of the Program.
Runtime: 01.08.2018 – 31.03.2021
The WORK-VR project is funded by the European Commission, Erasmus+ Programme (Strategic Partnerships in Adult Education)